23 January, 2008

News? Uhm.

...about a lucky man who made the grade/ and though the news was rather sad/ I just had to laugh...

Is it news? I dunno. Is it funny? I dunno. Is there anything to laugh at? Depends. Is there a point to this? Probably not.


"The war in Iraq isn’t ever going to end and the economy’s not getting better and the goddamn Presidential campaign, which is now in its 374th week and feels like having your faith in democracy pulled out through your nose with a long skinny hook, is only halfway through. But hey did anyone else hear about this mass U.F.O. sighting in Texas?" - Tim Kreider

Yeah. Didn't I just hear this in The Onion?

"...if you're not bitter, you're not participating. " -Craig Ferguson

In local irony, which is only darkly funny, the bitter is embedded, like permafrost. Anybody got a cardboard box?

And this funny-odd, not funny-ha-ha discovery makes me question my definition of the word 'snake', because until just now, I thought it was 'limbless lizard'.

Speaking of limbless, remember little Lakshmi?

Oh, and obviously, another young starlet was sleeping with one or more Kennedys.

Other explanations are simply transparent cover-up attempts.


(A Day In The Life; The Beatles)

No comments: