02 March, 2004

Excuse me?

Once again, the world changes....

"NO, I'm not coming in. You're practically naked in there, with your little bits of silk and satin."

FLASHBACK>>>>>>

"Am I interrupting? I can go."

FLASHBACK >>>>>

"Come cuddle with me. I'll brush your hair."

FLASHBACK >>>>

Not a generation gap, but a gorge of massive proportions. Pat and I on one side, the youngsters on the other.

Us:

"No, the next time I want to hear that song is NEVER."

Them:

"You guys are crazy! Stairway To Heaven ROCKS!"

FLASHBACK >>>>>

I eye Dan speculatively. "Am I being propositioned?"

"I think so. And not badly, until the "desparate times, desparate measures" part. That kinda spoiled it."

FLASHBACK >>>>>

"Cybbie, I think we should be lovers."

"Okay. Who with?"

"Each other! Silly."

FLASHBACK >>>>>

"I think of my body as a mango. Ripe, lush, juicy. And nobody expects or wants a skinny mango."

"Yeah. They're supposed to be curvy."

"And what fruit are you?"

"I'm a strawberry."

Oh, yes. Dipped in cream.

Still, she slept in the guest bed. This time.

No comments: