22 May, 2004

Three Moments, Including Now

...they'll hurt me bad but I don't care/they'll hurt me bad/they do it all the time, yeah yeah....

*************************

The question was never "if" he would hurt me, but when, and in what form.

**************************

Song of cicadas loud in my ears.

"Would you sleep with my husband? Please?"

The questions my friends think to ask me. I search her for signs of laughter, desperately sorting through possible answers.

"I, uh... I don't think that would make any of us happy."

***************************

I am kind of enjoying my teensy white underthings today, particularly the T-shirt I borrowed from Fluffy, having no white shirts of my own. It is just barely sufficient to not get me arrested.

Unless I sweat, at which point incarceration becomes inevitable.

Be gentle with me, Officer.


No comments: