21 August, 2006

Gearing Up

...I've got two tickets in my pocket, now baby, we're gonna disappear/ We've waited so long, waited so long.....


The season is upon us. That Girl and I will break camp on Wednesday. Fluff and Fuzz are anxious to get started. I have a boxfull of brochures in the BoringMobile. I don't get my car back until I've finished schlepping ladders, stilts, trashcans, tarps, carpets, plastic tote boxes, camp chairs, shovels, rakes, makeup cases, bugspray, gardening gloves, and oh yes costumes.

I have to make sure the childrens' stilts still fit: their feet may have outgrown the bolted boots, and their shins may have outgrown the leg support. If the former is the case, it's new boots time. If the latter is the case, it's considerably more involved. I dumped a load of cash at my local JoAnn Fabric in pursuit of new heights of beauty. This weekend, people. You want a brochuere? Call the faire, or e-mail me with your addy, and you will have a tri-fold glossy in hand within days.

Join us? I've got two tickets I'm willing to give away (yes, I said give.) Send me g-mail.


(Two Tickets to Paradise; Eddie Money)

2 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

a seeming completely random post unless you count the six degrees of Kevin Bacon ..

This comment is actually about your poetry blog and some of the great words I read there .. but there was no place to comment there .. So, I post a random post here .. I saw your comment to 'Strippers' blog .. and followed the trail of bread crumbs back here .. and then to there .. and then to 'Indigo' and back here .. to comment ..

See, it isnt such a convoluted story after all .. or as all convolutes stories appear to those stuck within them ..

Either way .. I enjoyed your words .. and invite you to visit mine as well .. there is a link from my blog (www.troubledramblings.blogspot.com) or http://hometown.aol.com/handful0trouble/FirstStop.html will take you directly there

Ron

Cybele said...

Welcome to CrushWorld, Ron. It's a bit confusing, but the archives are extensive.